March 04, 2009

Rodeo girl

I suppose that now I'm really a Texan. After March 22, I will be more of one. D-man called me last night as I was on the open road (in 6:00 traffic) and said, "The cheap seats are still available for the rodeo on March 22. Wanna go?" Now, we've been talking about going for a couple of months now, and Houston's rodeo is apparently a pretty fun outing. There is the rodeo itself, you know, with the bullriders, there is a livestock show, and all sorts of other stuff. There are also concerts every night. This year is full of famous stars like Rascal Flatts (they opened the rodeo last night), Alan Jackson, Keith Urban, Reba McEntire, Darius Rucker (you may know him as "Hootie" from Hootie and the Blowfish), and the ultimate closing band, playing on March 22, ZZ Top.

I would have settled for Brooks & Dunn on March 21.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you'll wear your chaps! Have fun! Mia