April 14, 2009

Abundant blessings

D-man and I spent the weekend in Louisiana with Big Shady and her family, and I was completely blessed and refreshed. I hadn't been there in 3 1/2 years, and I had forgotten what a retreat it is to be there. Her parents are amazing people, and I love being around them. Her nephews are the cutest little guys ever, and they had much fun playing with Mr. D-man. Complete with flipping the canoe. Twice. Once with the boys in it, and once with the dog.

It is amazing what a weekend away from home, as restful as home is, will do for your soul. I was blessed to see Big Shady and participate in her family's version of the Passover dinner, celebrating God's specific provision for their family at this time of year, every year. I was blessed, as always, to hear her dad preach, and to worship in ways that I often don't feel comfortable with elsewhere. I was blessed to make Big Shady laugh with a comment that wasn't necessarily meant to be funny. I was blessed to watch Mr. D-man play with Big Shady's nephews and know that he is going to be a wonderful father someday, as he is being a wonderful husband in the here and now. I have prayed that we would have eyes to see God's specific provision for our needs (sometimes it's only a matter of perspective!), so that we may celebrate it. May He be faithful, as He always is, to answer.

No comments: