May 03, 2009

Clean-up has begun!

As I type, D-man is cutting sheetrock and pulling out insulation, which is still soaking wet in some places. It is quite stinky, so I'm glad we're replacing it. I am in charge of the paperwork (and eventually, cleaning), except what his mom or dad has to fill out and sign. We're living in a house that was D-man's great-grandmother's, and it's been in the family since it was built in the 50's. It's cute, and a perfect first house (even though it's not technically ours). 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a livingroomflowingintoadiningareaflowingintothekitchen, a garage.

Next project is the kitchen cabinets. We're going to try and replace them, so I get to design my very own kitchen (within the limits of a 96" x 160" space on two walls, one of which holds a door to the outside)! I'm looking forward to increasing my counter space and pantry space. Any kitchen amenities that you can't live without? I'd love to know!

No comments: