October 09, 2008

The D-man is currently a full-time student and HATES not making any money. SO, He decided last week to apply for a job at UPS. They offer great hours for what he needs, and part-time is pretty much standard at UPS. Since he has worked there before, and they apparently loved him so much last time, they hired him and he starts on Monday. Morning. Like 3:30. Not an hour I ever see.

His hire date makes him part of the seasonal crowd with an option to return for permanent part-time in January. That means he doesn't have to take time off work to get married. Excellent, since he (like me) hates asking off. He can be done with the season and accept the permanent position (if that works out) after we get back to Houston. Our Father continues to provide everything we need as we walk towards marriage; I am so grateful.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Yay for the new job! Yay for visiting with you yesterday-- we need to do it again soon! Jacob just loves his "Aunt Jennifer"! (Couldn't you tell-- he was blowing you all those kisses?!) I really had a fantastic time!

I found a blog you might like...two, actually:
http://blissfullydomestic.com/channel/wedded-bliss/ (though the whole site, is cool--I thought this might be particularly encouraging)

and

http://femina.reformedblogs.com/

Okay just one more, a fun one for you:
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/

(Ideas for small apartments can also work well in small homes...) Let me know if you want any more design/decorating idea blogs...I keep finding new ones. There was one that was like ideas for Southern Living homes on a budget, but I can't find it right now...

The Black Family said...

Three months from today!! Woohoo! Hope your wedding plans are going smoothly - we're praying for you both! Congrats on the UPS job - they're a great company. BTW, Houston is closer to us in Phoenix - I'm hoping that means there will be visits!! Love you!
Margaret