December 15, 2008

Big Shady and the OTHER D-man

Sometimes life is just fun. I went to see Big Shady this weekend, and I expected a raucous good time, which I got. Dinner at P.F. Chang's, a trip to Toys 'R' Us and Wal-Mart, the purchase of four (4) books at B & N.... I also met the other D-man, whom I've been hearing a lot about. Friends, we have entered the Twilight Zone (cue music)....

B.S. (an appropriate abbreviation) had been telling me that I wouldn't believe how much her D-man and my D-man were alike. She was right. I am still in a little shock, though in a pleasant sort of way. They have very similar senses of humor, and if her D-man's parents had used his dad's middle name instead of first, they would have the same middle name. They love cheese. They even look alike. Scary. Too bad my D-man can't remember his name.

I am so happy for Big Shady that I can't even stand it, and not because she has a man like mine. I am blessed that God has been showing her (and me!) how big He is, and that He answers our wisecracks about His sense of humor. He definitely has one, and it is weird just like ours.

1 comment:

Susanna said...

I love you tons and can't wait to see what God will do with both of us in the future. Just tell Little Shady to stay away from men named David!!!