December 23, 2008

A short update

I know there hasn't been much in the way of wedding planning on here, but that's because I've been doing it instead of writing about it! We are just tying up last minute ends so that we can enjoy Christmas and the new year and the week of the wedding. We are in the teens -- 18 days left! D-man and I are both ready to take this next step and be married.

Here's what's gone on since I got back from H-town: 2 dress fittings, a meeting with the organist, e-mailing back and forth with R to finalize the order of service, designing and mailing invites for the rehearsal dinner, finalizing the menu for the reception and rehearsal dinner, buying a car that I love and will last us 10 years, emptying my checkbook (for the aforementioned car), and shopping for Christmas presents. Needless to say, it's been busy! I hope I can get some more writing in before the craziness of the wedding comes, but I can't promise anything.

1 comment:

The Black Family said...

we are so sad that we won't be able to attend the wedding! we tried but we were unable to get reasonable tickets to atl. we love you and we will be praying for you and david in this whole process. we do pray that you two will be as happy as we have been for the past 20 (almost) years!

love you so much!
M