January 05, 2009

Last-minute countdown

Well, folks, we are at 5 days (and counting anxiously)! The D-man arrives tonight, after 2 grueling days of travel from Houston to Nashville, including 2 flat tires on the U-Haul trailer on Saturday before they even got to Baton Rouge! My little sister arrived yesterday after many tears, 2 cancelled flights, and a night spent in the Wichita, Kansas airport. I am ecstatic that she is here, though she might sleep till the D-man gets here, which means my time with her is limited.
There are all sorts of detail-oriented things to do this week, and I am a little stressed out. Not about getting married (the courthouse would be okay with me), but about getting all these details done and worked out. I feel like I'm forgetting something. Marriage license? To the courthouse tomorrow. Check. Groom? Arriving tonight. Check. Bride? I'm around here somewhere. Check. What more is there?

1 comment:

The Black Family said...

just try to soak it all in - you'll want to remember it all later and family - take time to love on them all - married life starts a whole new journey, a new core family unit - we love you and we're praying for you both! we celebrated 20 years today - i love him more than i could ever have imagined - saturday will be perfect no matter what!