February 04, 2009

I have been cooking a lot lately, as the D-man likes to eat (I can't blame it all on him; I love to eat, too!). I love to experiment in the kitchen, and I am thrilled that we have gotten 4 cookbooks for wedding presents (including one that a friend made for me, filled with recipes that she's been using for the last 40 years).

I have no intention whatsoever to make this blog about cooking, but I have to tag a couple of recipes that I have made lately and are fabulous.

Recipe the first:
Chicken calzones
Found in Discover Dinnertime
Served with: marinara sauce

Two:
Tex-mex chicken and rice casserole
Found in Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook
Served with: chips and salsa

Three:
Guacamole
Found in The Joy of Cooking
Served with: chicken quesadillas and chips
SO yummy!

1 comment:

The Black Family said...

Cooking for someone who appreciates it is so much fun! Good for you - trying out new recipes for your hubby. How's school for him and what are you doing besides being a super-fantastic new bride? Come see us sometime!!! Love you! Margaret