April 20, 2009

Interval Training, Interval

I have been on a sort of hiatus from training for the past week, due to knee pain, which is apparently very common for beginning runners. It started last Saturday and kept getting worse, even after I decided to take a few days off on Monday. Then I figured out that the knee pain wasn't only from running. It was from really being sick. (Oh, the joy of being married -- sharing everything -- yes, everything) I've had a cold, complete with body aches, that was graciously given to me by D-man as he was trying to get rid of it himself. After a few days of sick-infested bedding and torrential rain here in Houston (praise God our house didn't flood), I am feeling somewhat closer to my normal state. Not 100%, but close enough to get on the bike today and think about running again soon.

No comments: