June 25, 2009

HOT

Apparently we have an advisory for extreme heat until 7 PM tomorrow night here in Houston. The heat index has topped 105 (at 108!) and is expected to fall below that (as a high) only tomorrow evening. It's 5:30 and still feels like 103. The actual temp is 97. I must say that I'm glad the humidity level is only 39%. That makes it a little more bearable. Inside, we're running the fans and trying not to max out the A/C. It's thundering outside, and I must say that I would love a little rain, even if it's a 10-minute shower. It hasn't rained but twice since the flood, and the heat is attacking in full force. I am not looking forward to August....

1 comment:

Allison said...

Pshaw. I LAUGH at your heat index. Monday and Tuesday here in Geneva the heat index was 115! And that was with a humidity of over 50%. You can see why we stayed in for three days once we got here. God bless A/C.

(Seriously, though, I feel your pain and don't envy you your August.)