June 26, 2009

Reading and book deals!

No, I'm not writing a book.

Barnes & Noble currently has a buy 2, get 1 free promo going with their B&N Classics (selected titles through July 6, with the standard "free book must be of equal or lesser value...."). I got a $15 gift card from Big Shady for my birthday, and I promptly (the next day) went shopping! I searched and searched and finally decided on (drum roll please.....) A Tale of Two Cities (Dickens), The Woman in White (Collins), and The Secret Garden (Burnett). The first two are on this list, which I'm trying to make progress on (you can track my progress here), and the third is one I loved as a kid, and want to read again. I also bought The Yearling (Rawlings), which is on my list of Pulitzer prize-winning novels. All told, after I spent all $15 of the gift card, I paid $5.34 for FOUR BOOKS! That's just as good as going to Goodwill and finding good reads.

No comments: