July 05, 2009

Best. Chocolate. Ice cream. Ever.

Since D-man has been on my case to get the ice cream maker out of the shed since we moved it in there, we decided that yesterday would be a perfect day to make ice cream. Both our moms made it when we were growing up, but neither of us had much to do with the process.

I found a recipe for chocolate ice cream in The Joy of Cooking, and though it is fairly complicated for a hot summer day (I had to stand over the hot stove stirring the custard mixture constantly for about 30 minutes), it produced the best, creamiest, chocolatiest chocolate ice cream I've ever had. It tasted like brownie batter. I'm not sure that any attempts on my part will do justice to the yumminess of the ice cream, so all I'll do is recommend it to anyone who's willing to put in the work!

No comments: