July 25, 2009

My new favorite place

I have been searching (the web) lately for used bookstores in this area, and I have found a gem. It's 3 1/4 miles from our house, and it's a delightful place to go and browse. I didn't make it all the way through (though it's not very big -- just a converted house), but I already have a list a mile long of things I want to buy from them! They have lots of hardbacks and older editions (including several 1st editions of several Pulitzer novels), and the owner is really friendly.

The Place: Becker's Books (their website is down for maintenance, but I will update if it comes back up soon)
The Inventory: Shelves upon shelves of well-organized books (though I found a John Updike novel on the floor in a stack near the L's -- delightfully disorganized, but not so much as to make you crazy!)
The Locale: Houston, TX

No comments: