July 27, 2009


See my pretty loaves of French bread that I made yesterday? I think I've finally gotten the hang of it. The bread, I mean. Living in Houston means that I don't use as much flour as is called for in bread recipes, sometimes up to 1 1/2 cups less! We had some really dry, heavy loaves before I figured that out. D-man (and other almost-family) was gracious enough to eat the bread without complaining.

I am almost ready to post pictures of the house -- the only problem is that we've lost my camera's USB cord. D-man took this picture of the bread with his camera, and he was thoughtful enough to get the cookbook picture in the background, so you can see that my bread looked like it was supposed to! Pictures of the house to come soon.

2 comments:

Susanna said...

Ahh, beautiful bread my friend. I'm so proud. Next try to make that skillet bread form PW.

FairLady said...

I already did.... That was the loaf with way too much flour. Adrien was gracious....