October 21, 2009

Stealth Operations

The scheduler called me yesterday to see if I'd be interested in switching stores for today's shift. Hmmm. I said yes, because I'm a generally agreeable person. They couldn't tell me at first what store I was going to (apparently they'd've had to shoot me). It was totally mafia in nature, complete with me meeting the pharmacy supervisor and district manager in the parking lot of said store this morning and hovering around until they pulled the pharmacist out (I was to oversee bench operations "while they were having their meeting").
Of course, I ended up staying for the full shift, because the pharmacist was terminated. Fired. I haven't yet figured out how pharmacists get fired, because we're so in demand. However, being in demand doesn't mean I can do a crappy job. I still want to do my job and do it well. Apparently I am doing a decent job, because this particular supervisor is impressed with me (for whatever reason) and the store manager told me today that I was a breath of fresh air in their store. I am glad it's not in my district -- it's a hard store to work, since there aren't enough people to work and stay caught up.

No comments: