February 25, 2010

Sick.

I have been, um, a little under the weather the past couple of days. I had a slight fever (99.5) on Tuesday night, and had to work a 14 yesterday. About 8:00 last night, I suddenly felt really hot all over. When I got home, my temp was 100.5. It's been as high as 100.8 today. And I worked this morning. I have a pesky cough, a little post-nasal drip, and a sore throat from the cough. I'm extremely hoarse, to the point that D-man is calling me Kermit. Yup, I sound like a frog. I think I sound like a barking tree frog, because my cough definitely has a bark to it.

Great, right? I, who am a health care professional, make a great patient. NOT. I am probably one of the worst. Should I go see a doctor? Probably. I don't have time. I rested all afternoon, made myself some chicken noodle soup (boy, was it tasty!), and am having tea with honey & lemon (no whiskey in the house) before bed. I'll be pushing the OTC meds and fluids over the next few days. Hopefully I'll get back to normal soon.

No comments: