July 09, 2008

I am now officially

the proud owner of an engagement ring. The D-man asked me to marry him this evening, and I said yes. Of course. To those of you who like sappy stories or elaborate proposals, you will be disappointed. But to me, it was perfect.

We got my rings this afternoon, and the D-man had already planned a date night with me. He was chomping at the bit to leave his house, which is odd. He told me he was hungry (a totally believable story), and we went to eat. At my house. We finished eating and he said, "Hey, I've got a question for you." Since it's usually me that says that, I was intrigued. It was the question of all questions. And it was all a big blur. He was nervous, I was shocked, and we are getting married.

This is the ring.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!! So happy for you. Your ring is gorgeous!!! :)

bettercountry said...

Congratulations, sistah! I'm excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! We know how excited David was before he left for Brazil. We're very excited for you both! Yay!
Love,
Lydia & David

Susanna said...

I am blessed at what the Lord has accomplished in your life dear friend. I can't wait to celebrate with you in 5 days!!!

The Black Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you both.... we can't wait to meet D-man! LOVE the ring!

Love you so much!

Unknown said...

best wishes on the engagement! Chase and Emory and I are VERY excited for you and David!