July 05, 2008

I'm a worry-wart. That's a fact that's been well-established, especially over the last few years. I can't say that I'm proud of that quality, but I am aware of it.

What do I worry about? You name it, it's probably something I've worried about at some point in time. Lately, it's been money. I left a job as a pharmacist in the U.S. to come to Brasil, and I make about 1/10 of what I made there. Don't get me wrong; I am not short on cash here, but going back does freak me out a little, just because I wonder how I'm going to pay for everything I need when I get home. i.e., a car and other various expensive purchases.

As an answer to my worry (which was very gracious, because worry shows a SERIOUS lack of trust in God on my part), the D-man called me last week and told me he's been awarded $6500 in grants for this year in school. Grants that he doesn't have to pay back.

The D-man's dad has mentioned the key to living by faith (which he learned from someone else). He said it last week and it finally stuck (reinforced by the grant info). God created man on the 6th day. Last. Everything that he would ever need had already been created by God. We should live as such, because anything we need is something God has already provided in some fashion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohh, love that...from a fellow worry-wart.

Susanna said...

Oh, we so need to get away!!! I will come and we will play and have a good laugh.