December 08, 2015

Authenticity and comfort

I've been writing in my journal (who knew that journaling wasn't a real word?) a little this evening and came across the frustrating fact that most of what I do day to day feels un-authentic. Then I asked myself, what if I have equated authentic with comfortable? I am extremely uncomfortable in my job; it is WAY out of my comfort zone because I have to be organized, pay attention to detail, talk to people, deal with non-stop interruptions and stupid questions, and generally be nice. While the last one isn't such a far stretch, throw it in with all the others and it might or might not happen. There's a reason that I'm in the other room listening to "Behold the Lamb of God" (favorite Christmas album EVER) with my journal and computer even though hubby has been napping for a few hours (he works 6am-2:30pm). Being away is essential for my well-being, especially given all of the above daily job "duties."

I am uncomfortable with how much I love my husband. I am uncomfortable that salvation and grace are FREE. I am also uncomfortable that the process of refinement is uncomfortable. I am uncomfortable that I'm not good at everything I do.

"Life begins at the end of our comfort zone."  --Neale Donald Walsh
“Life begins at the edge of our comfort zone”
“Life begins at the edge of our comfort zone”
“Life begins at the edge of our comfort zone”

No comments: